Oh Dear Me...Biscuits with Chocolate Gravy!

Thursday, January 26, 2012

What is more Southern than biscuits? Did you know you can't get them anywhere? Nope. Plenty of sinful places out of the southern states don't have biscuits on the menu! Some poor people in this world have never had a biscuit. (Note to self:: add them to prayer list).  My mother ALWAYS made biscuits from scratch.  I have never eaten a refrigerator- grocery store-biscuit from my mother's kitchen. I can remember watching her mix the lard (gasp), flour, & buttermilk with a worn aluminum gadget and then hand patting the biscuits.


Who knew it was so hard?


I have tried.  I guess I thought you inherit the skill. The gift. But you don't.  Well I didn't.  I am the queen of refrigerator, pop it out of a can biscuits.  Now I will say the frozen ones are pretty darn close though.


I want to be a biscuit maker. A real bon-a-fide biscuit maker. So I am going to try and this recipe seems to be the closest I can find to my mom's.  And lordy they have also included a recipe for chocolate gravy. Now that's incentive to make biscuits.



Photos from Sprinkle Bake's website


Check out Sprinkle Bake's great step by step guide to making biscuits and gravy! 




Pin It

No comments: