BFFs I Have Never Met and Their Recipes

Thursday, January 8, 2015

I think I am weird.  I think I may have some stalker tendencies.  Social media did it to me.  At least that's what I am blaming it on.  There are "friends" I have "made" through social media that I love to hear from.  I love to see their life unfolding.  I love to see their families growing.  I love it when they share their recipes with me.  Of course they have no idea who I am.  That's stalkerish right?  Well, think what you will, but I have the best girlfriends I have never met.  Edie is one of those.  Edie authors the Life In Grace blog.  It is one of the first I followed way back when I first started blogging and reading blogs.  She is such a real person.  A person that I believe could be one of my BFFs ...if she knew me.  She actually messaged with me once...I thought I had made that true friend connection. 

I hope you will read her blog and follow her on Facebook.  No...she didn't ask me to say that.  It's just what friends do.

She shared this recipe this week and I wanted to pass it along to you.  I love soup...I love tortellini...I love quick and easy.  And since the weather is actually hovering around one degrees today...soup sounds pretty darn good.  (And gives me another reason to use my fabulous new stock pot I mentioned.  I have to use it OFTEN to handle the guilt of actually owning it.)  So here's a great recipe from my friend Edie.  I hope you enjoy it!

A pic of Edie's Soup from Life in Grace...Edie's Pic...Edie's Soup


Cheese Tortellini Soup by Edie
Ingredients
  • 2 T. olive oil
  • 1 large onion, chopped
  • 2 carrots, chopped
  • 3 stalks celery, chopped
  • 3 cloves garlic, diced
  • 2 1/2 boxes of chicken stock (10 cups)
  • 1 bag of fresh spinach
  • 1 large bag or two small bags of cheese tortellini (our grocery store has it in the dairy section)
  • 1 28 oz can of San Marzano tomatoes (you can use another brand but these make the BEST soup)
  • 1 T. balsamic vinegar
  • 1-2 T. honey
  • salt and pepper to taste
Instructions
  1. Saute the onions, celery and carrots in olive oil for 5-7 min or until the onions are translucent.
  2. Add the diced garlic and sauté another 2-3 minutes.
  3. Add the chicken stock, tortellini, tomatoes, spinach, vinegar and honey.
  4. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer until the pasta is tender.
  5. Serve with grated parmesan cheese and crusty bread!

No comments: