How could she be 21?

Friday, April 1, 2011

Our oldest turned 21 last week. How is that possible? When she was in first grade her teacher's assistant Mrs. Pendley said to me one day "Don't blink".  She was right.  One blink ago she was toddling around singing and dancing and playing pretend.  She was conquering her first dance with a boy at the sixth grade dance, getting her first pointe shoes, her driver's license, her prom dress.  And here we are.  She's 21. She thinks she is all grown up.  I did too when I was 21.  If I could just get her to do what I didn't...realize that staying young is better than being all grown up.  What's the hurry? She is such a special girl...sweet, smart, loving, loyal, hardworking, beautiful and we so blessed to be her parents! Happy 21st Lauren!

No comments: