I need a lazy weekend....but I am not going to get it

Friday, March 4, 2011

I need a lazy weekend.  I don't remember the last one I had.  There just seems to always be something that I NEED to do!  Our little family has had a tramatic and drama filled few weeks....our oldest Lauren, bless her little heart, has had more to deal with than any 20 year old should, including wrecking her car and a CRAZY-THANK-THE-LORD-HE-IS-AN-EX boyfriend.  And then there's Lyndsay...the winding down of her final basketball season complete with senior nights, playoff games (which we should have won...dumb refs!) and some tears as it all rolled to an end.  Yes, I need a lazy weekend.  I don't see it in the near future, but if there is a lazy weekend in your future, try these Lazy Cookies from Joy's Hope blog.  They are SOOO easy...don't ya love it?  (All of the photos and recipe instructions come from Joy's Hope blog.  While you are being lazy...mosey on over there and take a look.  It's a good one!)


You will need a mini muffin pan, Reese's Minatures, and ready to bake peanut butter cookie dough.


If your cookie dough makes 24 you are all set to go. If it makes 12 big cookies like the one I bought you need to break apart each cookie so you get 24 pieces of dough. Just place them in the muffin cups. Bake it for about 5 minutes LESS than the directions say. You need the cookies to be gooey when they come out of the oven.


While they are cooking unwrap 24 Reese's cups. They need to be lined up and ready to go because the next step has to be really quick. When they are unwrapped walk away. Trust me, if you stay in the kitchen they will start disappearing. Go check your email, read my blog, etc.

As soon as you pull the cookies out of the oven push a Reese's in each cookie. Since the cookies are still gooey the Reese's will fit in nicely. Let the cookies cool while still in the muffin tin. The cookies will cook a little bit more while they sit. When they are cooled pop them out and try not to eat them all. Enjoy
!





No comments: